Distress Oxide ink blending |MFT Snuggle Bunnies Stamp set

8:00:00 AM

Hello, crafty friends!

Today, I'd like to share my second card for the MFT 2017 Card Design Superstar Card Contest and this card is entered in Coloring Virtuoso category. For this card, I pull out my favorite stamp set from MFT, Snuggle Bunnies stamp set and tried no line marker coloring to critter for my first time. Let's get started!


To start, I ink blended white card stock using Distress oxide inks, Wilted violet, Worn lipstick, Cracked pistachio and spritzed water using mini mister and let it dried. I repeated adding water and drying paper process. When I felt happy with my oxidized background, I splattered white acrylic paint with water using paint brush here and there. I finally got dreamy background and I love the result! I then die cut background panel using MFT Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangle.

Next, I stamped bunny from MFT Snuggle Bunnies stamp set onto light grey card stock with Memento Desert sand using second generation stamping technique. I then started coloring it using copic markers. It was my first time to do no line copic coloring to critter image and I'm so glad I did it using my favorite stamp.

After coloring the bunny, I gold heat embossed sentiment from same stamp set. This sentiment is one of the reason why Snuggle Bunnies is my favorite among lots of MFT things in my stash. I really love this sentiment!

I die cut 'smile' from MFT Die-namics Sending Hugs from glittery paper 3 times and glue them each other for dimension.


Before I assembled pieces, I stamped cute leaves from MFT Pretty Posies stamp set using white pigment ink around the hillside. I then traced the lines using metallic watercolor paint, white color, and then colored them in turquoise and pink colors. Metallic & sparkling leaves go well with my dreamy background and it is more beautiful than shown in the picture.

To finish, I glued negative background rectangle piece on A2 sized white card base. I then popped up wonky panel using foam tape and mounted bunny and sentiment die where I wanted them.

I hope you enjoyed this card. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Love,
Dana

* MFT 2017 Card Design Super Star Card Contest

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comment